What an absolutely amazing gastronomical year! This list was extremely difficult to whittle down. I’m proud to present the absolute best of the best that I was fortunate enough to get my grubby hands on this past year!
10. Chilli Dusted Sesame Prawn Toast @ Fat Crab (Colombo, Sri Lanka)
9. Lobster Mac & Cheese @ Beauty & Essex (New York City, New York, USA)
8. Black Pork Curry @ Gallery Café (Colombo, Sri Lanka)
7. Feijoada @ Santa Clara (São Paulo, Brazil)
Map / R$38/kg (~US$9.54/kg)
A rainy Saturday in São Paulo, a chance encounter and the fiending desire for Feijoada led me to this.
6. Black Sesame & Pandan Ice Cream @ Chinatown Ice Cream Factory (New York City, New York, USA)
5. Delibelly Taco @ Tacodeli (Austin, TX, USA)
Website / Map / US$4.50/taco
My love for tacos is well known, and it wouldn’t it be right if there wasn’t an entry. Delibelly is a Wednesday & Saturday special at Austin’s beloved taco shop and they had me at pork belly.
4. Salted Egg Fried Sotong @ Restoran W.A.W (Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia)
Map / RM24 (Medium) (~US$5.60)
I’ve had squid prepared in many ways throughout my lifetime but this has to be the best iteration of it.
3. Pastrami Sandwich @ Katz Delicatessen (New York City, NY, USA)
2. Chapa Mista Do Patriarca: Chapinha @ Cervejaria Patriarca (São Paulo, Brazil)
1. Beef Brisket @ La Barbecue (Austin, TX, USA)
Website / Map / US$20/lb
Everything is bigger in Texas and this brisket is no exception. For those curious, I rank their brisket a smidge below their arch-rivals, Franklin’s Barbecue, with both setting the bar ridiculously sky high.
RELATED: Franklin’s Barbecue Food Diary
RELATED: La Barbecue Food Diary
What are some of the best things you ate this past year?
Like what you just read? I’d really appreciate it if you share this article to your social network using the ‘Share’ button below!